Re: [orca-list] orca install from git

I hope that master branch has a require.txt file in it that can be used to
install any missing accessibility stack updates like some python builds
offer.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2022, Jason White via orca-list wrote:

On 14/3/22 15:38, Juan Hernandez via orca-list wrote:
So I am trying to update my orca to the latest bleeding edge version.

In the past I would just do a git pull, then ./configure? make , make
install.

I?m running ubuntu 21.10, and I think it had orca 40.0 that came with it.

Is this the latest version of Orca? Because when I install from git, I just
get orca v40.0 as well.

I?m building orca from the master branch as I?ve done many times before.

Check the directory into which Orca is being installed. If it's /usr/local,
for example, you'll need to make sure that's the version which the system
runs, rather than the Ubuntu packaged version in /usr.

I don't run Ubuntu, so I can't be more specific.