[orca-list] issue with mate desktop and braille

Hi all,

I have just subscribed to this list. I’m an italian blind user that use linux.

I user graphical interfaces for some years and now I would like to reuse it.

I have a strange problem in my machine:

Os : debian bullseye amd64

Desktop installed: mate

When I try to scroll with braille display in a window (e.g. web page) it does not scroll. In console text it works perfectly.

I tried also gnome-desktop. The menu have some problems but the braille display scrolls correctly on windows and web pages.

Have you some idea about this issues?

Thank you

Best regards

Roberto Burceni