Re: [orca-list] Updating the orca.

Hi Bittukumar,

In Ubuntu 22.04 I did the following to obtain Orca master:

1. Enable the Canonical repositories.
* Open software & updates.
* Click the Ubuntu tab.
* Check the box source repositories.
* Click close.
* When requested, click reload cache.

2. Open a terminal window, press Alt+Control+T.

3. Install git, type or copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
sudo apt-get install git

4. Install build dependencies. Type or copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca

5. Get the orca source code. Type or copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca.git

6. Build and install orca.
* Change to your orca repository created in step 5. Type the following and press Enter:
cd orca

* Configure orca source. Type the following command and press Enter.:
./autogen.sh

* build orca. Type the following command and press Enter.:
make

* Install the built binaries. Type or copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
sudo make install

*restart Orca
In Ubuntu 22.04 you have to do the following to hear the correct version of Orca because  Orca installs itself into /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages. Ubuntu expects it to be installed into /usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages.
*remove site-packages:
sudo rm -fr /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages
*create a simlink:
sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/python3.10/dist-packages /usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages
*execute the following:
./autogen.sh
make
sudo make install