[orca-list] Installing Orca from Source in Fedora

Hello,

I don't know if there is something going on in Fedora, or with Orca from master. However, I'm struggling to get Orca installed from source, and I've seen a message about this a few days ago as well, but it didn't seem to get a response.

First, I managed to get Fedora 36 installed, thanks to a helpful list member, by first booting from USB, creating a password for the liveuser account, logging out, and signing in with the Gnome on Xorg option. The installer started speaking after doing this, as otherwise, under wayland, it was inaccessible.

My next step was to install Orca from source. I installed the yelp-tools package, installed git, and removed the existing Orca package. I then used DNF to get the dependencies for Orca, cloned into the git repo, and went through the orca install as I've been used to. ./autogen.sh > make > sudo make install. Orca installed without error. However, when attempting to start orca, I get an error about line 46, no Orca module found. So I install Orca from the package manager, and that seems to work, but Orca is then stuck at 42.1, rather than being the master version. Additionally, I tried installing Orca in a different location from the default location, and attempted running it from that location, but ran into the same line 46 no Orca module error.

* Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on here?
* Has anyone found any solutions to the error that I, and seemingly another list member seems to be having? Could there be an issue with Orca from source?

I should say that recently, I've been experiencing a similar issue with Orca not showing the correct version number in Debian, when also attempting an install from source.

Thanks.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Check out and subscribe to BlindTechAdventures in podcast audio form on YouTube for the latest happenings in tech.

Thank you, and have a great day!