Re: [orca-list] Windows virtualization in Linux

This is an FAQ. Last time we discussed it, lots of people suggested qemu. I gave that a try and it is really nice. But I've been using VirtualBox for years and will probably stick with it. I have a lot of VirtualBox machines already and have a really nice script to easily create another. I've attached the script to this message. The script wasn't written for use by others besides myself but at worst, you might be able to get some ideas on how to use VirtualBox with it. To create a Windows virtual machine, you will need to provide my script with a path to the Windows installation ISO file and an unattended.xml installation answer file. Other settings like the amount of ram and the size of the disk are configurable within the script itself.

Like I said, I wrote the script for my own use. In fact, it kind of evolved over the years as I made it easier for myself to create a VirtualBox vm. But You can just type all these commands yourself at the command line. VirtualBox has a very nice, complete command line interface so it is essentially 100% accessible.