Re: [orca-list] How to make orca less verbose?

Hi Milton,

Am 13.07.22 um 13:23 schrieb Milton:

Pressing P will read the content of the cell and pressing P again the content of the next cell.

If I press P in a table of a html mail orca trys to read the next or previous paragraph. Seems like I am understanding something wrong...

In Orca Preferences you will hear 'column titel' instead of 'table number of rows and number of colums if you uncheck the checkbox of 'Table announcement' on the Speech tab.

That did not work, tried it before. But what helped is to uncheck that cell coordinates should be read on the Thunderbird tab in an application specific profile for Thunderbird. I did not work with application specific profiles before very much, so I was not aware of that such application specific settings do exist at all :-).

Seems like I still have to learn a lot regarding orca and its settingsand possibilities, I still know Linux better on the console then in graphical environments...

So all good now, with the new settings everything is fine again.

Ciao,

  Schoepp