Re: [orca-list] How to make orca less verbose?

Hi again ;-),

Am 13.07.22 um 07:22 schrieb Christian Schoepplein via orca-list:

yesterday I've updated orca to version 42.3-1 on my Debian Bullseye system. Since then orca is more chatty in some situation. For example in HTML tables now the row and column is spoken which was not the case before. I've found no way to turn that off.

OK, I've tested a bit more.

In firefox all is fine. When I navigate through a page with arrow up and down tables are read line by line with the same verbosiness as before and the row and column number is only read in some situations, I think in focus mode only.

But if I open HTML mails in thunderbird that contain tables I am not able to change chattyness down to a level where not always the row and column numbers are read. I have activated Simple HTML view, not Original HTML, in Thunderbird. It does not matter if I navigate through those mails with the arrow keys or tab e.g. from link to link and also the mode (focus or not) does not change anything.

Has anyone the same behaviour with Thunderbird in HTML mails?

Ciao,

  Schoepp