Re: [orca-list] kali question

It helps to know if the iso download got properly verified and with
failure messages it helps to know how far some install steps went
when the failure happened.  With kali I had no problem giving it s as a
boot parameter and doing the speech install but then again I didn't try
that install on your laptop either.
I recommend you download the firmware-debian installer and use that to do
a speech install on that hardware.  If that succeeds then I suspect kali
didn't have enough drivers to accommodate your laptop.