[orca-list] Kali Question

Greetings all,

I recently tried to install Kali 2021.4 on an old Asus laptop I had laying around. During boot, I chose the speech installer, which failed. But with some assistance, I did get through the installation and tried launching orca after completion which failed as well. I actually get a dummy speech message telling me that speech dispatcher is working, and I can see that orca is installed. I'm a bit of a noob in this area, Can anyone offer some advice or point me to some resources for assistance.

And as a sidenote, can anyone also recommend a good accessible rss reader. I've tried liferea and quiterss which both seem to have their issues. Thanks in advance.

Best
Dayton