Re: [orca-list] Using the mouse to read text

There is a checkbox in the preferences window that when ticked will read what is under the mouse. It's called "speak object under mouse." I keep mine turned on, though it's off by default. In most places it seems to work well. I just tried using the mouse in the Pluma text editor, and I was able to read individual lines based on which way I moved the mouse. It's also great for clicking within menus and windows and the controls inside of them, as well as the panels on the desktop. Hope this helps.

~Kyle