Re: [orca-list] Caps lock and announcing status?

Running the latest (41.0) in Solus here on my laptop with the Mate desktop. I'm having a hard time installing the required packages for building Orca master in Solus else I'd try that
Jeffery Mewtamer via orca-list wrote:
What version of Orca are you using?

Because I'm on Orca 41.2.1 and it's properly announcing the caps lock toggle.

Admittedly, I'm running a stripped down Kiosk-like setup using flwm
for just Firefox instead of a full desktop, and I'm on a desktop while
using a laptop style keyboard, but caps lock is my orca key, I have to
double tap to toggle caps lock, but I still get the caps lock on/off
message.

Admittedly, I wish I could disable caps lock altogether. Typing in all
caps is something I don't do often enough for the feature to actually
be useful, it's too easy to turn on by mistake, and I hate pitch
shifting and Orca only identifies letters as capital when reading
character-by-character, not with key echo, making it hard to tell when
it's on when I think its off.