Re: [orca-list] Orca stops reading content of existing windows (but can read windows opened after the failure)

On 31/8/22 16:31, Jordan Verner wrote:
I'm however facing a pretty strange problem: every so often (maybe once an hour), Orca just stops being able to read the contents of any existing window. This includes the DE itself. Orca can seemingly access any "new" window (that is, a program that I launch after the failure begins), but anything opened prior to the failure becomes entirely unreadable.

Which version of Orca are you running?

Does the problem still occur if you install the orca-git package from the AUR (i.e., the Arch User Repository)?

I'm running a recent version of Orca from its Git repository, via the orca-git package, under Arch Linux with GNOME. I'm not experiencing the issue you describe, so there must be a significant difference between your configuration and mine.