[orca-list] Orca stops reading content of existing windows (but can read windows opened after the failure)

Hi list,

So yesterday I reinstalled Arch so I could take the new Gnome accessibility improvements for a spin.

I'm however facing a pretty strange problem: every so often (maybe once an hour), Orca just stops being able to read the contents of any existing window. This includes the DE itself. Orca can seemingly access any "new" window (that is, a program that I launch after the failure begins), but anything opened prior to the failure becomes entirely unreadable.

Restarting Orca doesn't solve this; it announces "Screen reader off" and "Screen reader on", but "old" windows continue to be unavailable while "new" ones are fine.

Has anyone seen this? Is there a service I can restart that will get me out of this? I can restart GDM itself, but this is functionally equivalent to a reboot in that all applications running under the session are closed.

Thanks,

Jordan.