Re: [orca-list] Focus mode and notifications

I can confirm this behavior. Initially I thought this bug was related to Thunderbird, since I first noticed it when I received an email notification. But you're absolutely right that it seems to happen with all notifications. I don't lose focus mode right away when I receive a notification either. It seems to happen when the notification pop-up closes. I should add that this loss of focus mode is completely silent, meaning that Orca never says "browse mode," it just pops silently out of focus mode,. Sometimes I catch it and I can just toggle focus mode back on. But many times I'm caught off guard typing in a text field and navigation functions start activating in place of the letters I'm trying to type. I should also note that I only notice this behavior when I use Firefox. Chromium-based browsers including Google Chrome and Brave seem to be able to stay in focus mode through notifications.

~Kyle