Re: [orca-list] Dualbooting Linux and Windows

Wow, that's was quick, and sounds pretty good. My excuses for not jumping to Arch or something are dwindling. Ubuntu though... Maybe now that their installer is fixed... Is it fixed in the current Mate release? Then again, Arch and the... Nah, I don't feel like setting all that up. Yeah, Ubuntu sounds good. Or maybe Mint to get rid of Snaps.

On Wed, Apr 20, 2022 at 9:50 AM Jace Kattalakis via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:
Welll, I just spun up an Ubuntu test VM and there's no crackling of Orca or slow responsivness on my system with decentish specs, and through my wired USB headphones it's snappy and quick to respond.

And yes, Orca starts up without crackling here on qemu, whereas with VMWare/Virtualbox, crackling and clipping, but there's none on quickemu. I'm not sure how Wimpy managed it or i it's something inherent in qemu, but...it's a nice refreshing change