Re: [orca-list] Screenreader Accessibility Testers for Ubuntu

Just to let you know, I find windows and Jaws (which you do have to
pay for at $90 or so /year) to actually be better than Orca for a lot
of things, and if people have written wscripts of which there are a
lot of or sometimes the manufacturer of Jaws has scripts, its quite
accessible.  For some reason I did not find the Windows set up not so
bad.  Believe me, I am not a fan of Windows, but the screen reader
(Jaws) has been around for 20 years and so does have a lot of good
stuff -- along with lots of bugs.

I also have a Mac and once you get used to it, Voiceover is not too
bad, it does work with Google Chrome and Safari which is the normal
browser on the Mac.  I don't think its as good because there is no way
to write scripts to make apps work, either they were written to
Apple's standards in which case they work great, or if they are not
written to standards, they may not work at all or just barely.

Htere is also a free sdcreen reader for windows called nvda which is
not too bad, but it does not get the love of Jaws -- its maintained by
volunteers.

This is my take, so take it as such.

On Wed, 06 Apr 2022 18:54:14 -0400,