Re: [orca-list] no sound after install Dell 5480 Touch

Are you sure you have no sound or is it just that the screen reader isn't working? I don't know much about the configuration of the Dell Touch but if it has a volume control, make sure it isn't just that the volume is too low. A nice thing is that you can now get a keyboard with a volume control. I think this technology has been around for a very long time but I just discovered it a few weeks ago when somebody gave me their old keyboard. Anyway, if you have a keyboard with a volume control, you might try that.

Else, can you ssh to the machine? If you can ssh in, you might be able to diagnose the sound problem and give us more info.