Re: [orca-list] A website crashes Chrome-based browsers and Orca all at once

Hi,

Usually just Orca stops speaking and I have to super alt S repeatedly to get it back. Sometimes it takes the browser down with it too. Sometimes I can't get speech back at all, no matter how many times I try killing Orca and restarting it (orca --replace from within terminal is confirmed to spawn a new Orca process that can't speak), and the only thing that works is restarting lightdm.

I'm using the orca-master AUR package, and running Mate.

Kind regards,

Jordan.

On 2021-09-21 22:40, Kyle via orca-list wrote:
Oh good to know. I hadn't experienced such crashes when hitting control+l, and I didn't see it in youtube. Is only your browser crashing, or does it take Orca down with it? I'll still send the debug.out files to Joanie off list in case it helps. Thanks for confirming that at least I'm not alone.

~Kyle