Re: [orca-list] How to copy pieces of text from a gnome-terminal window

yes, you use a clipboard application and run it inside the terminal to
save your text to the clipboard then copy it elsewhere.
You can if you know in advance you'll be wanting to save part of a
document run the command to bring it up on screen and add to the end of
that command | tee savefile.txt where savefile.txt saves what happens when
you run that command.  If you do | tee -a savefile.txt and savefile.txt
already exists you'll append to savefile.txt.