[orca-list] How to copy pieces of text from a gnome-terminal window

Hi all,

If the portion of text I'm interested in is a command I just typed, I can edit the .bash_history.

If the text I want is a large piece of output, I can redirect the output and errors of the command before submitting it and then edit the resulting file to select the wanted text and copy it.

If the wanted text is part of a whole session, I run the commands I want in a screen session with logging turned on.

But is there a way to select text directly from inside the terminal window and copy it please?

Many thanks in advance. Have a nice day. Chris D