Re: [orca-list] Orca and snap

Many thanks for clearing up!

Op 27-10-2021 om 14:35 schreef Kyle via orca-list:
Milton had this to say:
Aquestion comes up when removing Firefox snap because it is part of the fresh installation, because I thought better not to remove applications of a fresh installation?

The way snaps are designed, I don't think removing one from the fresh installation will be a problem, since snaps aren't even packaged in the same way as repository packages. Snap packages are pretty much self-contained so as to be easy to add and remove, even from fresh installations. The problem comes in when you have the snap and the package from the repository both installed, so you end up with two firefox entries in your internet menu. Since the names being the same will not conflict, it won't be easy to determine which is the snap and which is the repository package.

~Kyle