Re: [orca-list] Which password managers do you use with orca?

Hello Matt,

I had the same experience a few years ago using kpcli. I found out kpcli copies the passwords to X11's primary clipboard, not the 'regular' GUI clipboard you and I are used to.

I wrote up a (Dutch) blog post about this problem and its solution:
https://www.fwiep.nl/blog/wachtwoordbeheer-met-kpcli-keepass

My fix was to edit the Perl script that interacts with the clipboards (perl5/lib/perl5/Clipboard/XClip.pm). Somewhere around line 33, there is the definition and selection of clipboards to use:

sub all_selections { qw(primary buffer clipboard secondary) }
sub favorite_selection { my $self = shift; ($self->all_selections)[0] }

When you edit the last [0] to read [2], the 'clipboard' clipboard is selected instead of the 'primary' clipboard.

Hope this helps,
Frans-Willem