[orca-list] Zoom: can't get some information and can't unmute myself

this sounds like two different problems.
Al Sten-Clanton writes:
Greetings!

When I use zoom-linux with Orca, I can get to a button that tells me I=20
can join a meeting.? When I hit ENTER on it, though, I then tab and hear=20
only "label."? Thanks to somebody's help, I know to tab twice to where I=20
can put in the meeting ID, but that field also just says "label." After=20
I type in the ID and hit ENTER, I now know that I can type in a=20
password, but the field doesn't tell me this.
All this sounds familiar, launching zoom meetings from zoom itself has
been pretty hit-and-miss for me. It makes a difference if
QT_ACCESSIBILITY is set in the environment but sure doesn't solve everything.

Once I'm past that point and on the next screen, I've found that I can=20
tab to the button for joining with computer audio.? I can then listen,=20
but can't unmute myself:? tabbing told me nothing, using the mouse=20
simulation key did nothing, and using arrows did nothing--at least,=20
nothing that Orca told me about.
But the shortcut keys have worked for me more reliably on recent
versions. that one is alt-a, alt-v for video. things that might
require sidebars like chat and participants seem much more flaky.

Does anybody know why Orca is not giving me the information I need?
I think it's that zoom still hasn't taken advantage of the
accessibility of QT5 libraries.

Also, I can't join a meeting simply by following a Zoom link, as is=20
typical.? Or, again, I'm getting no sign of it.
this one I have got to work
At a terminal prompt what happens when you type
xdg-mime query default x-scheme-handler/zoommtg
Mine returns
zoom-client_zoom-client.desktop
For the version of zoom I'm using I had to set this manually with
xdg-mime default Zoom.desktop x-scheme-handler/zoommtg
After that clicking on a link in an email or page will usually launch
it directly.>
I'd be glad for any help or pointers to help.

Thanks!

Al

--
Peter Rayner (he/him), Level 1, 187 Grattan St.
Academic Lead - Climate & Energy College <https://www.climatecollege.unimelb.edu.au>