[orca-list] espeakup

Title: test

Hi all, first off, I know this is off-topic for this list, but not sure where to put it anymore. I was messing around with my system, and installed espeakup with sudo apt-get install espeakup. I rebooted my computer, and had no speech. Does the espeakup package do something with its default configuration that interferes with orca speech? What I'd like to do, is have speech when I'm in a text console, i.e. pressing ctrl+alt+f-1. I know in the old days, speakup was there to provide it to my doubletalk internal synth. I know, probably showing my age a bit. lol Is there a way to get Orca to play nice with speakup on modern hardware, or is there another program that provides speech on text consoles? Thanks in advance for your help.

Guy

--

AVG logo

www.avg.com