Re: [orca-list] Reading pdf files

Hi,

Firefox and Chromium will render pdf files; I've used a web browser and
the Mate document viewer.  When using the document viewer, hit 'f7' and
enable caret navigation.  Once it's enabled, reload the page with
'ctrl-r' or 'f5'.  Your system may also  have the utilities:  pdftotext
or pdftohtml.  None of these options is ocr. Text, as images, will not
be rendered. for that, you can install lios, which will, in turn,
install teseract ocr.

HTH,

Dave  H.

Sent from my Think Penguin J4 laptop, running Trisquel GNU/Linux, version 9.