Re: [orca-list] rolling release distros

Hello there,

For over a month now I have been using Fedora as my work machine, both at school and at home.

To be precise, I have been using fedora Rawhide.

to give some context: Fedora, by default, isn't a rolling release, exactly. It stays on the latest versions of some software, like the kernel, and others that I will not list here, but releases a stable version every six months.

How ever, for developers, testers, and curious users, such as myself, a completely rolling release of fedora has been made available, called Fedora rawhide, which has the same software versions as Arch Linux stable, so everything is up to date, including the kernel.

It might, for some users, seem unstable. How ever,I have been using it in a production environment, and nothing bad has happened yet.

Moreover, the same software versions as in Arch are in fedora Rawhide, so who uses Arch would, I personally believe, like Rawhide.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Francisco.