Re: [orca-list] OT: Need some help with installing Slint

Hi Eric,

Slint version 14.2 is obsolete.

The current version is downloadable from: http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/iso/

The ISO is: http://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/iso/slint64-14.2.1.4.iso

More information:
slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-14.2.1/doc/

Website: https://slint.fr

Le 15/03/2021 à 11:00, Eric Oyen via orca-list a écrit :
Hello everyone,

Well, I acquired and burned Slint version 14.2 to USB and went to install it on my laptop. Then I ran into an
immediate problem: no speech. I have tried with ctrl-s, shift-s and any of the other usual commands that
should work at the boot prompt. nothing. No sound, no accessibility.

My sighted roomie even tried to help, but because of his severe dyslexia, he was unable to make heads or
tails of the screen.

So, here I am, totally blind, with a sighted roomie who can’t read and there appears to be no way to install
without either a braille display device being plugged in or a hardware synths  that can be detected. Any ways
around this that anyone knows?

-Eric