Re: [orca-list] Anyone using Mint with orca?

Yep, Mint is all I've used for probably a decae now, and love it.
Easy to navigate, works great with Orca, and uses all the latest Focal
Ubuntu repos, so for all intents you're running an Ubuntu machine
anyway.

Although, one minor issue did creep up in this latest 20.1 release,
which I have yet to resolve.  Something changed somewhere -- Speech
Dispatcher, Also, PulseAudio, default snythisizer, who knows, haven't
figured that out yet.

Anyway, even if capitalization is off, when scrolling through text
character by character and it encounters a capital letter it will say
the word "capital" instead of just the higher pitched tone of the
letter.  Not a huge deal, but very annoying if you type code all day
and while going through it you constantly hear, "capital C, capital L,
capital I", et al.  Those milliseconds matter when you're blind!

Oddly enough, if holding down the Shift key while going character by
character it works just fine, and only says the ltter in a higher
pitched tone instead of saying the work "capital" before the ltter.
I've been busy and have yet to research, and at the moment, don't even
know which software package to go looking at but will figure it out
soon.

All in all though, love Linux Mint here.  Installer is great, and
works fine with Orca, same does the rest of the system.  Once booted
via USB just hit Ctrl+Alt+T to open terminal and enter "orca" to turn
Orca on.  Installer icon is on the desktop.

Matt