From: Rastislav Kish via orca-list
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 8:55 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] ocr

Hey there,

so, as others already mentioned, there is Tesseract, now also with its neural networks based models.

Although I have to admit, that I'm kind of lost in its versions and models. I have installed data from the
Ubuntu's
repository, but somewhere I've read those are not the bestones, but rather a compromise between quality and
speed.

So, IDK.

There is also FineReader engine, which seems quite complex.

Although I wonder, does anyone here actually have it?

I've read somewhere something about 10000 pages limit after buying a licence, but I have no idea whether it's
true for home
users or not.

Abbyy support is one of the worst I've ever seen, may be I just didn't have luck, but they did not answer
single of my
emails.

The price is also quite hidden. I recall something about $180, but I was not able to find it when I last
checked. Their site
is quite a drag.

But the quality is good, that's true.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 1. 3. 2021 o 8:53 mattias jonsson via orca-list napísal(a):

maybe this has been asked before
on win we have omnipage,abbyy fine reader etc
whathave linux?