Re: [orca-list] ocr

Hi there.

Cuneiform is also a thing, and I believe it does layout annalisis as well, idk about it’s accessibility, but I think ocrfeeder and lios both support it. I also believe  it’s accessible from a cli interface.

From: Rastislav Kish via orca-list
Sent: Monday, March 1, 2021 8:55 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] ocr

Hey there,

so, as others already mentioned, there is Tesseract, now also with its neural networks based models.

Although I have to admit, that I'm kind of lost in its versions and models. I have installed data from the Ubuntu's repository, but somewhere I've read those are not the bestones, but rather a compromise between quality and speed.

So, IDK.

There is also FineReader engine, which seems quite complex.

Although I wonder, does anyone here actually have it?

I've read somewhere something about 10000 pages limit after buying a licence, but I have no idea whether it's true for home users or not.

Abbyy support is one of the worst I've ever seen, may be I just didn't have luck, but they did not answer single of my emails.

The price is also quite hidden. I recall something about $180, but I was not able to find it when I last checked. Their site is quite a drag.

But the quality is good, that's true.

Best regards

Rastislav

Dňa 1. 3. 2021 o 8:53 mattias jonsson via orca-list napísal(a):

maybe this has been asked before
on win we have omnipage,abbyy fine reader etc
whathave linux?