Re: [orca-list] Free TTS Voices

On 28/2/21 8:44 pm, Kyle via orca-list wrote:
Looking at Mozilla's project, I see a lot of talk of speech recognition, speech to text, but I see very little about speech synthesis, text to speech. Either they're only working on the former, or that's the only thing they're promoting. Can you point to some links to sample speech output or maybe to some source code?

Samples: https://erogol.github.io/ddc-samples/

Source code: https://github.com/mozilla/TTS

What I don't know is whether they plan or expect to bring the computational performance up to the point at which it's suitable for real-time applications such as screen readers. The samples are quite impressive, however.