Re: [orca-list] Free TTS Voices

This sounds interesting.

How do we configure this with Orca?

On 01/03/21 6:45 am, Kyle via orca-list wrote:
I use RHVoice and it works well here. My favorites are bdl, which is the most expressive of its voices, and alan, which has a bit lower sampling rate, so isn't quite as clear, but I rather like the Scottish accent. I think some distros have it packaged, but if not, you can find it at

https://github.com/rhvoice/rhvoice

I hadn't tried Mozilla's technology, but if there is any way to make it run, even if it's just enough to make some samples, I'd be interested in trying it.

~Kyle