Re: [orca-list] Strange reading of a certain pdf in firefox

Hello,

I think this might be an authoring issue.

This looks like a fillable form with nothing to fill with the text drawn on all over the page. The PDF is not tagget thus no formatting is visible to assistive tools.

To get a tagged PDF out of this I can use ocrmypdf OCR-ing the content however that might have different issues as ocr is not a replacement for digital content.

If you only would like to read it and not process it in some way, I can also read it in evince however the document formatting is all on one long line.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 25. 6. 2021 o 10:01 José Vilmar Estácio de Souza napísal(a):
Hi all.

I don't know if the problem is in the orca, the FF or  between the chair and the keyboard, but the fact is that when I try to access the pdf that is on the https://www.sonarsource.com/docs/CognitiveComplexity.pdf   link, it reads strangely.

Some words are read by orca as if thy had a space in the middle.

For exemple:

"module" is read as "m odule", "metric" as "m etric" and so one.

Apparently the same pdf is read correctly by chromium.

Since I'm between the chair and the keyboard, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.