Also with Ubuntu Mate  21.04, are you able to run orca successfully at the login screen?

With mate from 20.10 onwards, I found that you get no speech at login using orca.
Unless you use the LTS version.

On 17 Jun 2021, at 04:45, Juan Hernandez via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:

Haha, never mind yall, I figured this one out.  I was running orca 3.38.0 and I needed to upgrade to the latest version. The version that ships with ubuntu 21.04 is a bit broken.

Thanks.

From: juanhernandez98 gmail com <juanhernandez98 gmail com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 7:35 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: back in business

Hi All,

It has been quite a long time.  I have just installed ubuntu on my intel nuc pc.  It is working pretty good, but I’m having a issue.

I installed mate desktop because I like that best, this went with no issues.  But one thing I noticed with mate desktop, and also the original desktop that comes with ubuntu 21.04, is an issue with the terminal.

So it has been a long time, but when I used to have a Linux box, I used to be able to review the terminal screen with my review keys, right now when I use the numpad 7/9 in terminal, all I can see is the menu bar, and some button that when I right click it gives me options to open a new terminal, tabs etc.

I can’t seem to focus in the terminal window to see what is going on.  Orca is reading what is going on and as new content comes up on the screen but that’s really awkward.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Juan