Re: [orca-list] Installing Debian

One alternative solution that may still work is to boot from a distribution such as GRML, and then partition the destination drive and run debootstrap to perform a basic Debian installation. After that, you can install various required packages and set up a boot loader. Finally, reboot into the newly installed system.

This is obviously not for people who lack Linux system administration skills. The process is documented in the Debian manual, however - or at least, it was when I last looked, admittedly a number of years ago.