Re: [orca-list] Support of MathML braille ouput

On 4/6/21 4:19 pm, Vladyslav Kutsenko via orca-list wrote:
But there's seems to be no braille output of the math expressions. Is this supported by Orca?

It isn't as far as I know, but there may be some underlying support in liblouis. I haven't investigated, and I don't know how complex it would be to work with in Orca.

There is also Speech Rule Engine, a JavaScript-based library that supports Nemeth Code mathematical braille as well as various speech styles. So far, the braille support is confined to Nemeth Code. Also, using it in combination with Orca (outside the context of a Web application that already does so) would entail running a JavaScript interpreter.

I don't know whether anyone involved in mathematics accessibility currently plans to implement a solution that could be more asily integrated into screen readers. Orca and NVDA, at least, would benefit.