[orca-list] Making Ubuntu more like Mate

Hello everyone

I was just wondering, is it at all possible to install Ubuntu but replace it's start menu equivalent with the Mate desktop start menu instead.

Also using Ubuntu Mate, one can pin start menu icons to the desktop. Is this at all possible in the standard Ubuntu.

I guess what I am saying is, that there are some features that I like from standard Ubuntu and also from Ubuntu Mate. Hence, if you like ssomething from Ubuntu, can you add it to Ubuntu Mate and vise verser.

Regards

Daniel