Re: [orca-list] Configuring Pipewire

W dniu 28.02.2021 o 17:30, Jason White via orca-list pisze:
I've installed Pipewire, including the PulseAudio and Jack emulation,
under Arch Linux. I appreciate that this is new software and still under
development.

I have USB headphones attached, and this is where the configuration
problem becomes interesting.

When Gdm is loaded during the boot process, Orca starts and speaks a
message via the USB audio device. However, after I log in, the system's
sound device (i.e., system speakers) is selected as the default output
for Speech-Dispatcher and other audio.

Speech-Dispatcher is set up for PulseAudio, if I remember correctly.

Is there a way to configure Pipewire so that the USB device is treated
as the default when connected?
Try using pulseaudio tools like pavucontrol, you can set a default
device there without a problem in the output devices tab.
How it works is not sure to me, I understand you have started
pipewire-media-session? Like if you wouldn't you wouldn't get any audio
at all.
And media-session like pa is saving your settings so it will restore
them next login.

I also attempted to load Wireplumber, but this resulted in no audio output.

Again, I know very well that I'm working with a rapidly developing
project here.