[orca-list] Configuring Pipewire

I've installed Pipewire, including the PulseAudio and Jack emulation, under Arch Linux. I appreciate that this is new software and still under development.

I have USB headphones attached, and this is where the configuration problem becomes interesting.

When Gdm is loaded during the boot process, Orca starts and speaks a message via the USB audio device. However, after I log in, the system's sound device (i.e., system speakers) is selected as the default output for Speech-Dispatcher and other audio.

Speech-Dispatcher is set up for PulseAudio, if I remember correctly.

Is there a way to configure Pipewire so that the USB device is treated as the default when connected?

I also attempted to load Wireplumber, but this resulted in no audio output.

Again, I know very well that I'm working with a rapidly developing project here.