Re: [orca-list] Another question about Orca and BRLTTY

Hi Francisco

it has been relased for Slint (well uploading right now...) and also for Debian buster-backport, bullseye and sid by Samuel.

For other distributions use the proper command for your distribution to know of make and internet seach with as argument
brltty <name of ten distribution> pacakage

If I start it as regular user I get:

didier[~]$ brltty
BRLTTY 6.3 rev BRLTTY-6.3 [http://brltty.app/]
brltty: can't isolate namespaces
brltty: exécution en tant que l'utilisateur appelant: didier
brltty: can't set supplementary groups
brltty: group not joined: 0(root)
brltty: group not joined: 5(tty)
brltty: group not joined: 16(dialout)
brltty: group not joined: 71(input)
brltty: required capability not granted: cap_sys_admin (for injecting input characters typed on a braille device) brltty: required capability not granted: cap_sys_tty_config (for playing alert tunes via the built-in PC speaker) brltty: required capability not granted: cap_mknod (for creating needed but missing special device files)

Indeed I would need my user and/or the braille group be granted more privileges to get all features.

But as root I get just:
root@darkstar:~# brltty
BRLTTY 6.3 rev BRLTTY-6.3 [http://brltty.app/]
brltty: exécution en tant que l'utilisateur appelant: root

as expected.

Cheers,
Didier