Re: [orca-list] Low speech and or sound volume in Linux

Probably pulseaudio does that.  If that can be uninstalled and you use
alsa or perhaps alsa with pipewire you may have better results.  This type
of failure is effecting sighted users on debian-user as well though with
them sound failures are way less critical.  Pulseaudio hasn't got a find
my speakers button in it and looses sound devices as soon as any are
turned off or disconnected and fails to recalculate sound devices
correctly the way you had them so it may pick a device for sound output
you didn't want and don't want.