Re: [orca-list] When there is selected text and the cursor is moved with the arrows, the orca does not read the text to which the cursor was moved

Just tested this in Gmail's quick reply textbox and the body field of
Gmail's full composer using Firefox and Gmail's basic HTML view with
Orca 41.0 sourced from Debian Testing.

Best I can tell, hitting an arrow key with selected text unselects the
text without actually moving the cursor.

Or to be more exact:

Selecting the line then pressing down or right unselects the line,
says nothing after unselected, and puts the cursor at the end of the
line.
Selecting the line and pressing up or left unselects the line and put
the cursor at the beginning of the line. If the line was selected from
the end, nothing is said after unselected, but if selected from the
beginning, Orca will either read the first character of the unselected
line(if unselected with left arrow) or the whole line(if unslected
with up arrow).

In all cases, moving to the next or previous line when the current
line is selected requires a double tap or down/up arrow, once to
unselect, the second to actually move the cursor.

I'm not running a full desktop as Firefox is the only GUI application
I use, so I can't test if this once to unselect, twice to move
behavior is specific to Firefox, but it raises the question of where
the cursor ends up immediately after the unselect and might indicate
the problem isn't exclusive to Orca Master if it is indeed an Orca
issue.