Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird on my desktop

On 5/8/21 12:06 pm, Peter Vágner via orca-list wrote:
By doing alt+F2 thunderbird you are likelly launching thunderbird as installed through your package manager.

If you would like to get its shortcut on the desktop just do something like

cp /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop  ~/Desktop/

In MATE, if you find Thunderbird via the menu system and access the context menu with focus on it, there's an option to add a launcher to the desktop.

However, I expect the cp command is faster than searching through the menu categories.