Re: [orca-list] Thunderbird on my desktop

Hello,

By doing alt+F2 thunderbird you are likelly launching thunderbird as installed through your package manager.

If you would like to get its shortcut on the desktop just do something like

cp /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop  ~/Desktop/

If you would like to change the desktop launcher to point to a different build of thunderbird you may have unpacked manually just open this ~/Desktop/thunderbird with your text editor and edit the path to the thunderbird binary wherever it's located.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 5. 8. 2021 o 17:59 Michael Weaver via orca-list napísal(a):
How do I get Thunderbird on my desktop after getting and extracting the package?
Orca doesn’t see it but I can do ALT F2 Thunderbird and launch it that way.

Sent from my iPhone