Re: [orca-list] XFCE and Orca

Hello,

Unfortunatelly desktop icons as displayed via thunar and panels are not accessible even with xfce 4.16.

However there are two menu plugins.

there is built-in old fashioned xfce4-popup menu, it's a traditional menu.

And another one packaged as xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin on arch linux. This is one is similar in terms of functionality (I'm not sure about the appearance) to Windows 10 start menu. When bringing it up you can type in to search. You can use arrow keys to navigate to move over the results or you can just use arrow keys to navigate the whole menu without searching.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 22. 4. 2021 o 22:12 Kyle via orca-list napísal(a):
I was under the impression that the panels in XFCE didn't work with Orca, so we couldn't use the app tray or panel applets. Has this been fixed recently? If so, it may be worth another look.

~Kyle