Re: [orca-list] XFCE and Orca

Yes it's possible.  The thing is xfce sometimes to have orca restarted as
it comes up.  Now I'm going to make a wag here.  Maybe putting lightdm and
lightdm-greeter into an xfce setup and have them take care of the login
might clear that problem up.  That, or log in on console and use startx to
start up xfce when you want to use that.
I've never used onyx but read it's an ancestor of emacs.  With emacs at
least on situations where alt keys couldn't be used use of the escape key
followed by another character works.  I don't know if that got inherited
from onyx though.