Re: [orca-list] free voices other than espeak

Hi,

as for Ubuntu RHVoice PPA the following bug is still exists in 20.04:

https://github.com/RHVoice/RHVoice/issues/161

Is there any chance this can be fixed?

Best regards

Volodymyr

On 4/19/21 1:13 PM, Alexander Epaneshnikov via orca-list wrote:
16.04.2021 22:07, Jeffery Mewtamer via orca-list пишет:
Perhaps the better question is:

Is there a way to install RH Voice without building from source? and
if there isn't, why not?

for ubuntu we have a unofficial PPA[1]. but I haven't tested it myself.

I would really like to see RHVoice appear in the debian repositories, but this requires some fairly non-trivial changes. I'm sure this will happen over time, but unfortunately I can't say exactly when.

as I said before - I understand that compiling from source code is not a trivial process and therefore I am ready to help anyone who does not succeed in this process. however for this I need clear instructions on what you did and what errors you got.

[1]: https://github.com/RHVoice/RHVoice/blob/master/doc/en/Packaging-status.md#ubuntu