From: orca-list <orca-list-bounces gnome org> On Behalf Of Glenn K0LNY
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 5:52 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] Maybe OT, VmWare and UbuntuMate

Hi,

I wrote maybe OT, because I don't know if the problem is Orca not starting or something else.

I am running a 64 bit system with 8GB of RAM.

I installed VmWare Player and installed UbuntuMate 18.43 64 bit into the VM.

I found a list of keyboard commands, and it would seem that I'm likely in Ubuntu.

It asked for a username and password during the VM install of Ubuntu, so I have tried my username and password upon opening the Ubuntu.

I have tried everything I can think of to get Orca talking, and nothing yet.

It normally works on this computer with Ubuntu 16.43 in a live session.

I may have to try that, but before removing the 18, I wonder if folks have had any luck with VmWare in Windows as the host machine and Linux as the guest.

Thanks.

Glenn