Re: [orca-list] can't get thunderbird to work at all

Hello,

Is manual setup button available?

If yes then press that, fill as much details about your email hosting as you can, then double check if you have got it all right using flat review,

hit retest button and it should finally work.

Please note the recommended setup for imap is SSL/TLS on port 993 with plain text authentication.

The recommended setup for SMTP is port 465, SSL/TLS with plain text authentication.

Imap has a start tls mode on 143 as a fallback and SMTP the same thing on port 587.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 1. 9. 2020 o 16:36 John Covici napísal(a):
Hi.  Well, with all this talk about mail clients, I decided to install
thunderbird and see what it can do.  I tried to set up an email
account, filled out all the fields and just get a cancel or re-test
buttons and no messages anywhere.  Using flat review there is a done
button but orca says greyed, which may mean that the button does not
work.  So, how do I find the messages, is there a log file somewhere?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.