Re: [orca-list] Strange braille behaviour

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL via orca-list, le mer. 27 mai 2020 17:44:15 +0200, a ecrit:
Could you try the attached patch?

It seems it fixes the problem.

Ok, so for the transient glitch we can use that, that will be smoother.
I'll submit a PR.

It is not critical but I am worry it hides other kind of problems. For example,
the interaction with brltty in the terminal is less natural than it was, I mean
that after a alt-tab to the terminal, it hapens often that Ortca does not
release the focus, letting brltty session do, until I change page in the
terminal. Hence some braille keys drive the flat review instead of the browsing
system of brltty. I am wondering if both dont have the same origin.

It's probably related, yes. Did you configure Orca to disable its

The second one seems to be a consequence of the first one as I thought.
[...]
Well, I use mate-terminal, and braille is not disabled in the Orca prefs.

Ok, so you only rely on starting brltty *after* orca for brltty to catch
the output when switching to mate-terminal?  That can explain why the
second is a consequence of the first indeed, I hadn't thought of that
situation.

FWIW, all of this will be simplified by brltty 6.1 and its BrlAPI
priority preference support. Orca already knows how to benefit from it.

Samuel